RYA training & ICC Licenses

Motor yacht training and obtaining your license.

If you are thinking of captaining a boat then it’s important that you seek professional advice, as, depending on the size of the boat, there will be different legal requirements for the qualifications you will need to comply with international laws.

Many UK-based boaters take the ICC course, and there are many different RYA centres providing this course plus the many others that are advisable when taking up boating or sailing.

Here at Insignia Motor Yachting we need training and licenses too, and we have chosen to work with Mendez Marine, which is run by Jon Mendez. UK-based boaters may recognise Jon as the man who wrote a lot of the RYA training books and DVD’s, and also from his monthly column as the chosen boat ‘expert’ for Motor Boat and Yachting Magazine.

Jon’s RYA training centre is based on the River Hamble, with direct access to the Solent and near to the UK’s motor yachting ‘hub’ towns of Portsmouth and Southampton. Talking to Mendez Marine, we were encouraged to find that the company is flexible enough to adapt it’s RYA training courses to suit individual needs – be it leisure, commercial, beginners or more experienced.

Some of the RYA training courses on offer include:

RYA Powerboat Level 2

RYA Yachtmaster

RYA Day Skipper

RYA VHF Course

ICC – International Certificate of Competence

We will keep you updated on progress as we get educated, and how we cope with the process of gaining our licenses.

Expect a feature on www.insignia-motor-yachting.tv soon!

Copyright © 2018 Insignia Motor Yachting.